The mission of the NOS is to provide a forum for discussion and evaluation of issues pertaining to station siting, equipment, and procedures for sampling and analysis in all NADP networks.
The specific charges of NOS are:
- Evaluate siting criteria, equipment, procedures, methods, and technologies used by each network.
- Review and evaluate field-measurement procedures to ensure that SOPs are followed routinely and make recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Periodically review the analytical laboratories to ensure that SOPs and appropriate QC and QA protocols are being followed.
- Evaluate and determine the acceptability of proposed changes in the analytical laboratories concerning analytical methods, laboratory procedures, and QC and QA protocols.
- Ensure that analytical data generated for the networks meet program needs and are accompanied by complete metadata and QA documentation. When program needs change, this subcommittee reviews and recommends QAP changes on matters of network operations.
- Review, evaluate, and approve instruction manuals/SOPs for site operations and propose changes as necessary.
- Recommend and review procedures for recording measurements and observations reported by Field Site Operators, analytical laboratories, and by the Program Office. This charge includes review and approval of the design of field sample report forms and precipitation gage records.
- Provide reports to the Executive Committee as appropriate.
2022 Spring - Hybrid Meeting - Madison, WI
2021 Fall - Virtual Meeting
2021 Spring - Virtual Meeting
2020 Fall - Virtual Meeting
2020 Spring - Virtual Meeting
2019 Fall - Boulder, CO
2019 Spring - Madison, WI
2018 Fall - Albany, NY
2018 Spring - Milwaukee, WI
2017 Fall - San Diego, CA
2017 Spring - Louisville, KY
2016 Fall - Santa Fe, NM
2016 Spring - Madison, WI
2015 Fall - Rochester, NY
2015 Spring - Pacific Grove, CA
2014 Fall - Indianapolis, IN
2014 Spring - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2013 Fall - Park City, UT
2013 Spring - Madison, WI
2012 Fall - Portland, ME
2012 Spring - Portland, OR
2011 Fall - Providence, RI
2011 Spring - Pensacola, FL
2010 Fall - Lake Tahoe, CA
2010 Spring - Memphis, TN
2009 Fall - Saratoga Springs, NY
2009 Spring - Pensacola, FL
2008 Fall - Madison, WI
2008 Spring - Pensacola, FL
2007 Fall - Boulder, CO
2007 Spring - Burlington, VT    Attachment
2006 Fall - Norfolk, VA
2006 Spring - Riverside, CA
2005 Fall - Jackson, WY    Attachment
2005 Spring - Savannah, GA    Attachment
2004 Fall - Halifax, NS    Attachment
2004 Spring - Point Reyes, CA
2003 Fall - Washington, DC    Attachment
2003 Spring - New Orleans, LA    Attachment
2002 Fall - Seattle, WA    Attachment
2002 Spring - Pacific Grove, CA    Attachment
2001 Fall - Champaign, IL
2001 Spring - Tuscon, AZ    Attachment
2000 Fall - Saratoga Springs, NY
2000 Spring - San Antonio, TX
1999 Fall - Sacramento, CA
1999 Spring - Boulder, CO
1998 Fall - St. Petersburg, FL
1998 Spring - Albuquerque, NM
1997 Fall - Ellicottville, NY
1997 Spring - Asilomar, CA
1996 Fall - Williamsburg, VA
1996 Spring - New Orleans, LA
1995 Fall - Toronto, ON
A listing of past NOS officers and meeting locations is available.