Network Operations Subcommittee (NOS)
The mission of the NOS is to provide a forum
for discussion and evaluation of issues pertaining
to station siting, equipment, and procedures
for sampling and analysis in all NADP networks.
The specific charges of NOS are:
- Evaluate siting criteria, equipment, procedures,
methods, and technologies used by
Review and evaluate field-measurement
procedures to ensure that SOPs are followed
routinely and make recommendations for
change as appropriate.
- Periodically review the analytical laboratories
to ensure that SOPs and appropriate QC and
QA protocols are being followed.
- Evaluate and determine the acceptability
of proposed changes in the analytical
laboratories concerning analytical methods,
laboratory procedures, and QC and QA
- Ensure that analytical data generated for
the networks meet program needs and are
accompanied by complete metadata and
QA documentation. When program needs
change, this subcommittee reviews and
recommends QAP changes on matters of
- Review, evaluate, and approve instruction
manuals/SOPs for site operations and
propose changes as necessary.
- Recommend and review procedures for
recording measurements and observations
reported by Field Site Operators, analytical
laboratories, and by the Program Office.
This charge includes review and approval of
the design of field sample report forms and
precipitation gage records.
- Provide reports to the Executive Committee