To NADP Site Operators and Supervisors:
As the situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19 continues to rapidly change, NADP has the following information for site operators:
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) remain open and daily operations will continue for the foreseeable future. The Program Office, Central Analytical Laboratory and Mercury Analytical Laboratory will attempt to maintain operations with some potential delays due to staffing shortages and or remote staffing.
- Sample supplies shipment and sample receiving will continue as long as UPS, FEDEX, and the US Mail continue their operations.
- We are aware that some of our sponsoring or operating agencies have closed or have limited access to site operators for the next 2-3 weeks. In turn this may impact their ability to receive supplies and ship samples back to the labs. Whether to continue sampling at NADP sites is up to the operating agencies and the guidance they receive from their organizations.
- If site operators are able to continue sampling, please continue to ship samples back to the labs following standard shipping procedures.
- If you are able to collect samples but unable to ship samples back to the lab, please store NTN samples in a refrigerator (preferred) or cool location, AMoN samples in a freezer, and MDN samples in a dry location. Or if you are running low on supplies, we have the ability to ship clean NTN supplies, MDN cooler boxes, or AMoN samplers to an alternate address. Please contact us if you wish to provide us with alternate shipping information.
- If you are unable to visit the site to perform the sample change, please ensure the sample start/end dates and times are recorded on the field form when you return to the site and indicate in the Remarks block the reason. Please process as a regular sample and ship it back to the labs for analysis (do not discard).
- The NADP 1-800-952-7353 number continues to be monitored and will continue to provide the high level of support and service that you have come to expect from us.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 800-952-7353. Please know that this continues to be a rapidly changing situation that we are monitoring. Our apologies for any duplicate emails received, we wanted to ensure we reached the entire NADP community.
Thank you for your continued support of NADP.